Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Corners Pulling out ..

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Corners Pulling out ..

My 20*40 In Ground liner pool is about 3 years old and I noticed two corners are pulling out of the track. (Bead Liner) It has been very hot in Michigan the last week so I figured it would be a no brainer to put the liner back in. I can get the bead back in the corners but it just keeps coming back out. Is there a trick ? The concrete has tight radius corners but the liner track uses two 45 degree angles in the corner.
    20*40 Liner 2'-8' deep, Spill Over SPA, Electric Cover, Jandy Purelink (Aquapure & PDA), Hayward SP2610x15 (1.5HP Single Speed), Hayward H300 (Millavolt)

2. Back To Top    #2

After my pool was installed, my liner pulled out and the pool builder used some wedges to help hold it in. They are maybe an inch wide and look like a small wedge. My liner has not pulled out any more. Maybe a pool store would have something like that. I have probaly not been a big help but just thought i would share my experience.
    18' x 36' inground vinyl liner 300# sand filter Blue Diamond Robot Cleaner BBB method

3. Back To Top    #3
    Some people use pennies to wedge the bead into the track.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

You can buy screen beading that you use for holding screens in doors and windows in rolls at Lowe's or Home Depot. I have not had to personally use this, but was told that if my liner didn't hold in the track, that this would help keep it in place. Hope this helps!
    pleasekeepmypoolclean
    16X32X4.5 rectangular, vinyl, inground

5. Back To Top    #5
    I believe the product is called "Bead Lock" - use warm water (not boiling) to soften the liner so you can stretch it back into place.
    http://www.pooldeals.com/catalog/Pool-L ... 17274.html

6. Back To Top    #6

Rubber kitchen gloves are pretty handy to gently stretch the liner back into the coping.
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand