Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diamond Brite Water Levels

1. Back To Top    #1

Diamond Brite Water Levels

Hi, I spoke with SGM about the Diamond Brite plaster and they told me the recommended ranges for DB:

PH 7.4-7.6
    TA 80-120
    CH 200-400 (200 is ideal)
    FC 1-3
    CYA 30-100 (40-60 ideal)

According to using SWG:

PH is about the same
    TA 60-80
    CH 300 Plaster
    FC about the same
    CYA 70-90

I am not sure which way to go with this? Any suggestions? I still have calcium deposits.
    12k Gal. Kidney IG pool (Built around 1964 screened enclosure?), Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite (Added 12/2007), 1 hp motor, Sta-Rite P2 pump, Hayward C900 paper cartridge filter, Resilience SWG PSC-3 SCC 25 Element, Dolphin Robatic Cleaner, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 11, Taylor K2006C, Lamotte Tracer PockeTester PH/TDS/SAL, purptiger

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diamond Brite Water Levels

Those are generic recommendations from long long ago that people constantly copy and spread around without thinking them through to even knowing why they were chosen in the first place.

If you follow our suggestions you will be much happier. Your PH will be more stable and you will be much less likely to get algae.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Diamond Brite Water Levels

Quote Originally Posted by purptiger
    Hi, I spoke with SGM about the Diamond Brite plaster and they told me the recommended ranges for DB:

PH 7.4-7.6
    TA 80-120
    CH 200-400 (200 is ideal)
    FC 1-3
    CYA 30-100 (40-60 ideal)

According to using SWG:

PH is about the same
    TA 60-80
    CH 300 Plaster
    FC about the same
    CYA 70-90

Your FC is dictated by CYA level and always changing. There is no such thing as recommended level by plaster manufacturer!
    Look at the Pool calculator.
    I am not sure which way to go with this? Any suggestions? I still have calcium deposits.
    25K Inground Plaster, Waterway pumps, Cartridge filters, Heat pump pool, Laars LX Spa Heater, Aqualogic, SWG