Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing a new pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing a new pool cleaner

I've just purchases a Polaris 3900 Cleaner. I have all the plumbing and pump installation under control outside the pool. My question is inside the pool. When my pool was originally installed, the builder pre plumbed a dedicated line for a pressure side cleaner. The return outlet in the pool was covered with vinyl and a grommet fitted over it. Is it as easy as cutting out the vinyl that is over the return outlet? Would I expect to find a standard threaded pool return outlet ready to insert the universal wall fitting that shipped with the pool cleaner?
    mrgaddy
    _______
    28K gal, vinyl, 1 HP pump, Hayward S244T, Zodiac LM3 SWG, Polaris 3900 Pool Cleaner with Booster(1/2HP)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing a new pool cleaner

Exactly.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Installing a new pool cleaner

Thats exactly how it turned out... I cut out the vinyl from the pre plumbed return for the cleaner and there it was... threaded and ready to plug in the cleaner.
    mrgaddy
    _______
    28K gal, vinyl, 1 HP pump, Hayward S244T, Zodiac LM3 SWG, Polaris 3900 Pool Cleaner with Booster(1/2HP)