Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone try the wireless ePool monitoring system?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone try the wireless ePool monitoring system?

At the risk of being beaten senseless with everyone's TF-100 test kit boxes, I was wondering -- anyone try the ePool wireless chemical monitoring system that Leslie's sells? I'm not looking for it as a test kit replacement, or something to tell my how much acid to add. More as a wireless temperature gauge with a Chlorine/pH indicator that warns me it's time to go test the water with my kit. Anyone try it? How far off from a TF-100 FC and pH measurement is it typically?
    20,0000 gal gunite IG pool, built May 2016. Jandy VS ePump, Jandy 60sfDE filter, AquaLink controller, PureLink salt water chlorinator, with Pentair Rainbow in-line chlorine feeder. Use a Taylor Total Poolcare DPD test kit. Heated by the Texas sun.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone try the wireless ePool monitoring system?

If you search for "epool" at the bottom left of the screen, you can find some threads talking about it. Consensus is it's a piece of junk.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Interesting. I tried searching within the forum before posting this question, and it didn't find anything. Still doesn't. The google search below redirects back to some old TFP postings on the subject. Looks like a couple of people have tried this, with frustrating results.
    20,0000 gal gunite IG pool, built May 2016. Jandy VS ePump, Jandy 60sfDE filter, AquaLink controller, PureLink salt water chlorinator, with Pentair Rainbow in-line chlorine feeder. Use a Taylor Total Poolcare DPD test kit. Heated by the Texas sun.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, the two search things are a little confusing. Sounds like you figured it out!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yea. I was really interested in the wireless temp, but the pH reading caught my eye. I don't expect it to be very accurate, but if it would still be useful if was like my truck speedometer -- always off, but by the same amount. Something to warn me to get off my lazy .... and go test the water.

6. Back To Top    #6

If you're interested in wireless temp, try this: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...or-t19328.html

So far, it seems to be working pretty well for nearly everyone (including myself).

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by GregH
    At the risk of being beaten senseless with everyone's TF-100 test kit boxes.....
    Greg! Thank you so much for a much-needed belly laugh! That is really funny!

Lana
    25,000 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 1.5hp single-speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.