We had a large pool party on Saturday with a total of 28 bathers. The TC was 5.5 and .5 CC before the party and all other stuff was balanced.
About midway the water became cloudy so I assumed it was getting dirty and chlorine was dropping. a few hrs after I checked the levels and TC was 2 and .5 CC.
So I moved my SWG up from 2% to 5% and just tested again 24hrs. TC is now up at 3.0 and .5 CC.
Now, the water is clear and feels good. Should I just bump up the % to say 6-8% or shock the pool with bleach?
How long should I give the SWG to generate enough chlorine to get back up to me normal levels of 3-5?
I want to make sure that Algae does not break out due to low chlorine.
I am hoping and assuming that I shouldn't have to shock but give the SWG time. But how long is the big question.