Wow! Taylor SpeedStir is SO COOL

CUTiger78 said:
Richard320 said:
Some of my test results have changed from the ordinary. My CH went down, and so did my FC.

Got mine and used it for the first time last weekend. ALL of my test results were unchanged.

CUTiger: Can you spell out how you did the FC test before you got the SpeedStir? For example, what I did was:

1. put pool water in vial
2. put in one drop of reagent
3. swirl by rotating wrist three times left then three times right
4. add next drop
5. repeat until clear

With the SpeedStir my FC is a full ppm lower than my manual method. A friend, who swirled slightly differently manually, also went down a ppm and actually she says it is a 1.5 reduction (although I don't know how she figured the .5).

Since you had found a manual way of mixing that is as accurate as the SpeedStir, just wondered if you'd share.

When doing the FC/CC test you want to be swirling the vial continuously with one hand, while adding drops with the other hand. It takes a little practice, but gets to be very easy after some practice.

Butterfly said:
poolgirl22 said:
stop. please.
I just sold my ipod touch to my daughter (who needs CL with a 9 year old?) and I bought a new one for myself....must. stop. justifying. the. money. I'm. saving. on. pool. chems......

saving money on pool.......you....cannot.....resist.......futile....Speed Stir.....you...cannot...resist...Speed Stir.... :mrgreen:

I ordered refills for my TFT kit today and just couldn't resist any longer. I tried but it kept appearing in my cart. :lol:

gg=alice

geekgranny said:
Butterfly said:
poolgirl22 said:
stop. please.
I just sold my ipod touch to my daughter (who needs CL with a 9 year old?) and I bought a new one for myself....must. stop. justifying. the. money. I'm. saving. on. pool. chems......

saving money on pool.......you....cannot.....resist.......futile....Speed Stir.....you...cannot...resist...Speed Stir.... :mrgreen:

I ordered refills for my TFT kit today and just couldn't resist any longer. I tried but it kept appearing in my cart. :lol:

gg=alice
Congrats! :goodjob: You will be so happy with your new toy! Testing will be so much easier and faster, especially the CH test! :-D

Butterfly said:
Congrats! :goodjob: You will be so happy with your new toy! Testing will be so much easier and faster, especially the CH test! :-D

I'm pretty excited. DH isn't going to be so happy, though, with yet another pool testing item cluttering HIS kitchen window sill. :grrrr:

:idea: Maybe it's time to move everything to a cabinet.

gg=alice

crek31 said:
CUTiger78 said:
Richard320 said:
Some of my test results have changed from the ordinary. My CH went down, and so did my FC.

Got mine and used it for the first time last weekend. ALL of my test results were unchanged.

CUTiger: Can you spell out how you did the FC test before you got the SpeedStir? For example, what I did was:

1. put pool water in vial
2. put in one drop of reagent
3. swirl by rotating wrist three times left then three times right
4. add next drop
5. repeat until clear

I did the test just as you did, with one exception - I continually swirled the vial to the right (clockwise).

I ordered the stir stick a couple weeks ago, but have yet put it to use. It doesn't matter that I have the K2006 rather than the TF1000 in regards to using the speedstir, does it?

I will be doing the infamous conversion from baquacil to chlorine sometime in the next couple of weeks. I'm starting to get antsy to use all of these new toys, but I am sure there will be an intial learning curve while learning to test!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.