Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multiple ON/OFF times with Jandy Aqualink?

1. Back To Top    #1

Multiple ON/OFF times with Jandy Aqualink?

I want to turn my pump on and off about 4 times/cycles a day. The manual says it has a maximum of two timed settings per equipment, but I'm wondering if there is a way around this, like maybe using the spare aux channels?

I believe it's version3 on the handheld.
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multiple ON/OFF times with Jandy Aqualink?

I'm not sure about yours, but I have an RS-8 that's 10 years old, and had 8 different program schedules for the pump last year.
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have spare relays I don't see why you couldn't do it. Just wire the relays in parallel with the other relays and set the events for the new relays different than the original. Since they're on the same phase it wouldn't even matter if they both came on at the same time.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys for the help. I have a P4 model, and I think I'm stuck with just two programming times for each relay.

As it turns out, my panel has I think four relays, so I have two that are free at the moment.

See page 10-11 for a diagram of the panel in this PDF.

I've done basic house wiring before, but I'm unfamiliar with how to wire relays in parallel. Would I just jump the two wires from the free relay to the existing pump relay?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

5. Back To Top    #5

What you jumped are just the load wiring to the pump. You would also have to jump the line wiring from the breakers.
    14,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with Hidrazzo goulstrem blue finish with infinity edge and spillover from spa, Pentair challenger 1 1/2 HP filter pump, 2 HP Pentair challenger spa jet pump, Hayward 30" sand filter, Pentair IC40 SWG, Raypack 5100 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink PS8 controls, Kreepy Krauly

6. Back To Top    #6

OK, so is this correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images