Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above Ground Pool Ladder Lock

1. Back To Top    #1

Above Ground Pool Ladder Lock

We just installed a Splash Superpool (bag-type pool) which requires a special ladder due to the taper of the membrane. The ladder does not have a latching/locking mechanism and state code requires one . Does anyone out there know where I can buy an after-market/universal locking mechanism that I can install on my ladder? I know a small lock with a chain accomplishes the same thing, but the state building code states "latching/locking" so I feel that it is requiring a combination unit (at any rate, having what the code calls for word for word will help me keep the building inspector in check). I'd need a unit that will latch when the ladder is swung into place, and then either locks automatically or has an integral mechanism to be locked with a padlock. I can't call the local building inspector because he's operating under the 6th edition of the building code (which did not allow this option), and the 7th edition is currently in effect (which does allow this option).

If you know of a manufacturer for something that'll fit this requirement, OR you were able to create something like this yourself, I'd appreciate whatever information you can give me.

Thanks
    13K gal, vinyl, 3/4 HP pump, sand filter, Indoor Pool, Aqua Trol SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above Ground Pool Ladder Lock

Would something like this work?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That'll be great for the gate when we put up a deck, but I'm looking for something to fit on an A-Frame ladder with swing-up steps.

Thanks
    13K gal, vinyl, 3/4 HP pump, sand filter, Indoor Pool, Aqua Trol SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot

4. Back To Top    #4

got a pic of your ladder?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

I would think you could retro fit your swing up ladder with the unit he has the link to. We had a swing up ladder with the lock setup before we put the deck in and I'm telling you it really isn't that much different than what is shown there. Some of them are actually kind of cheesy and not hard to break - that unit would be better than many of the factory installed setups. JMHO
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

my thought as well...that latch mechanism seemed sturdy, but figured a pic would help
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

It's a little dark outside right now. I'll submit a pic tomorrow.

Thanks to all.