Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool measurements

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool measurements

First, I just have to say, now that I've gotten a handle on using the pool calculator I LOVE IT!! it is so simple to test and maintain our pool now..I don't know why anyone would NOT use this. LOVE IT.

Next, I just took some new numbers on my pool water, and just want to get some reassurance/advice on my next steps.

I AM STILL battling high T/A...I am now down to 190 however..so it's slowly coming down.

my tests for today: (5/3/10)

FC: 3.5
    CC: o
    pH: 7.8 (has risen from 7.5 on 4/21)
    CYA: 36
    T/A: 190 (down from 200 on 4/21)

SO...here is my plan of attack. Add 113 oz of Muriatic Acid to bring the pH back down to 7.2 and continue to aerate to lower T/A. Then I am going to add 132 oz of stabilizer to bring the CYA up to my target of 75.

After I hit this, I will be adding my salt to get my levels up to 5200ppm to start up my SWCG.

How's this sound to you all??

Thanks
    Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool measurements

Sounds good, but, id add half to 3/4 the cya you think youll need, then retest in a week or so and see if you need more, its a LOT easier to add then lower if you overshoot your target. Also are you sure 5200ppm is right for the salt level?? Most tend to run closer to the 3000ppm mark.
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: new pool measurements

YES, my SWG is a model from australia, and they all require 5200-5500 ppm, as opposed to units manufactured here in the U.S.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump