Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB finally

1. Back To Top    #1

BBB finally

I just want to thank you guys for all your help getting BBB method into my head. You made it very simple for me to understand and the pool looks Amazing. Hardest part was draining the pool. Here are my numbers as of now

FC 5
    CC 0
    TA 90
    CYA 70
    PH 7.6
    borate 50
    CH 220
    I'm a little disappointed with the CYA hoping it would be lower after draining the pool. Considering I'm in the Az Desert, I understand that is a good number. My pool get direct sunlight until 5 pm. Everything else seems fine.
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBB finally

You are welcome!

Your numbers look good. The only thing I might change is CH, but only if you have a plaster pool. For plaster CH should be 250 to 350.

You might want to add your pool specs to your signature (done on the User Control Panel)
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I had trouble draining my pool also, it was draining much slower than I had anticipated. Things went faster once I turned the auto fill off. LoL
    12K gal, In Ground, Vinyl, Sand Filter 35 GPM, Hayward Pump 1 hp, Mesh Safety Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, looks great! Like Jason said, if your pool is plaster, you might want to look at increasing the CH. But since you live in AZ, I imagine that your fill water has plenty of calcium in it and it will come up from topping off. Have you tested the CH in your fill water? That's something that is kind of a good to know.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Yep, looks great! Like Jason said, if your pool is plaster, you might want to look at increasing the CH. But since you live in AZ, I imagine that your fill water has plenty of calcium in it and it will come up from topping off. Have you tested the CH in your fill water? That's something that is kind of a good to know.
    Yes it is a plaster pool. Well that was a learning lesson for us. We always thought our fill water was Hard water, found out the fill is coming from our soft water system. I will get a calcium plus product to increase it. When we filled out pool, we pretty much diluted the CH from the water we left in there. We drained 75% of the pool. I was shooting for 250, but I guess we drained a little too much. its hard to figure out 75 % from a kidney shape pool.
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley
    Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Yes it is a plaster pool. Well that was a learning lesson for us. We always thought our fill water was Hard water, found out the fill is coming from our soft water system. I will get a calcium plus product to increase it. When we filled out pool, we pretty much diluted the CH from the water we left in there. We drained 75% of the pool. I was shooting for 250, but I guess we drained a little too much. its hard to figure out 75 % from a kidney shape pool.
    Most water softeners have a bypass you can use to fill the pool.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

7. Back To Top    #7

Is there a cheaper alternative to add calcium chloride to the pool. I've been to several places and its would cost me $40 bucks to add calcium to the pool. I know about the bypass to add hard water to the pool, just worried it will ruin the hard work to get the pool in BBB mode and the cost to drain the pool again.
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Why not just leave the calcium alone? At 220ppm, you are a little low but not drastically so, so there is no emergency to be resolved.

Simply use the bypass feature on your water softener as you refill and your CH will increase naturally as long as their is some CH in your natural water.

If your CH begins to increase too much, simply go back to filling with the softened water.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Actually found some calcium plus product. Now at 250 CH
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups

10. Back To Top    #10

Just wanted to show off the pool, again thanks for your help

Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Wow!! Beautiful!!

No one has mentioned this for a while but you folks who are somewhat "newbies" should submit your pics to Jason for the slide show on the home page. You'll get to see your own pool come across the screen every now and then. More importantly, Others will get a good look at the very nice work everyone has done.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Wow!! Beautiful!!

No one has mentioned this for a while but you folks who are somewhat "newbies" should submit your pics to Jason for the slide show on the home page. You'll get to see your own pool come across the screen every now and then. More importantly, Others will get a good look at the very nice work everyone has done.
    Thanks, I'll check that out
    Pool size 10,000 AG
    Pebble Tec
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Build in 2008
    Waterfall, pop ups