Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New leaf rake

1. Back To Top    #1

New leaf rake

Hey, I am a newbie here and with my pool that was completed in February.

I need a really good and fine Leaf Rake. The one form Hoe depot of bought is fine, except I would like a finer net. Its does not get debris from the palm trees very good. That husk like material that blows off the trees.

it just seems to go right through the net.

Is the Red Barron leaf rake what I want?

thank for any help and I will be here often with a TON of questions I have.
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New leaf rake

You can buy a replacement net separately from the leaf rake, which will be less expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one of these. Works. There is another similar unit raved about in the reviews thread.

http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Home/ ... 10/I/82610
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    You can buy a replacement net separately from the leaf rake, which will be less expensive.
    Where could I fine a really fine net?
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ntrsandman
    I have one of these. Works. There is another similar unit raved about in the reviews thread.

http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Home/ ... 10/I/82610
    The net super fine?

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi H G and welcome to the forum

Is the net you bought from HD blue or white?

The blue net let lots of stuff fall through.

The white net, I find, will let me scoop almost 'dust' from the bottom of the pool.

In fact, there is almost no reason to vac the pool when I am done.

HTH
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Hi H G and welcome to the forum

Is the net you bought from HD blue or white?

The blue net let lots of stuff fall through.

The white net, I find, will let me scoop almost 'dust' from the bottom of the pool.

In fact, there is almost no reason to vac the pool when I am done.

HTH
    The white one. Its a Pro Series. The holes in mine seem big compared to a Porpoise Brand I saw at Pinch-A-Penny stores here is FL.

Oh, thanks!