So whats your starting swim Temp?

88 or higher is perfect for us. We went swimming for the first time Easter Saturday as the pool reached 88 with the solar on :cheers: :cheers:

The dogs go in as soon as the steps are seated. We get that done when the water is warm enough to have your arms in long enough to do the job without freezing off–about 64°F.

My husband, raised in northern New Brunswick, goes in with them. Canucks just are tough, you know? But then I have to haul him out with a life ring.

Me? It depends. There was that March one year . . . the ice had all thawed and I was on the pool deck, skimming leaves off the bottom, wearing my winter coat, mittens, a wool hat. I mean, it was c-o-l-l-l-d out. The water temp had to be near freezing still. One mis-step. I leaned over too far near that part which I can never quite reach with the net. And fell in.

Oh yeah. That water was dang cold! By the time I had reached the side where I could pull myself out–no steps yet–I was gasping for air. My hands and head were soaked but the water hadn't yet reached through the layers of clothes to my body. My coat, though, became immediately so heavy that I couldn't pull myself up and I couldn't feel my feet. Got the mittens off, got the coat off, got out of the water. Shock wanted me to lay on the deck. Adrenaline wanted me to become a screaming ninny. Adrenaline won–though I'm not much of a screamer.

My normal comfort level is 82°F.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.