Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Logic clock is fast

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Logic clock is fast

We have an Aqua Logic AQL-P-4 Control. The clock is fast. Now 15 mins from reset from DST. Yeah, I know, 15 mins in 4 mos. aint nuthin' to cry about. Just would like to know if this is normal or a potential problem. Thanks! (I have set the time with the remote control in the house.)
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Logic clock is fast

Having some clock drift is normal and nothing to worry about. 15 minutes in 4 months is a bit more than average, but it isn't unusual.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine drifts too so I am reseting it at least once a month.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the quick responses! I figured it was normal. Just don't expect a computer controlled system to drift that much.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

5. Back To Top    #5

It the temp changes that cause it.

FWIW, Easy-Touch has a setting in the Schedule section that allows the clock drift, if predictable, to reset a predetermined amount of seconds once a month.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.