Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt on my rocks... :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt on my rocks... :)

I have been noticing since summer that when I up the chlorine levels, white lines start to appear around the water line and creeping up the joints. I noticed more salty taste to the water. Last week after raising the FCL to around 10ppm, I had major white stuff not just around the water line but coming up between the stone towards the deck. Two days later, it rained all day and washed the white stuff away. I am assuming it was salt since calcium won't wash away so easy right?

Once I am out of danger of a freeze, I am thinking its time to change out the water. What is the safest way to change the water without endangering my pool surface or risk of the pool moving? Also, how much time do I have before I need to refill?
    20k Gunite/Prism Blue-Pebblesheen, Pentair Tagelus TA-100D Sand Filter, Heliocol Solar Water Heater, 2 bubblers and 2 waterfalls installed 2007, 3hp IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 installed 2013, Aquabot Turbo T4 RC and Stenner 45MHP10 w/The Liquidator container installed 2012.
    Antigua Spa by Artesian Spas: 325 gl, 52 jets, 6 hp 2 sp & 6 hp 1 sp, Circulation System 24 Hour Whisper Pure, Ozonator, LED digital lighting, The Artesian Pillowfall installed 2007.
    Retired: 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Legend Platinum w/booster pump, PH Adjuster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt on my rocks... :)

Check the TDS level. Subtract the salt level. Post the results.

It sounds like salt since it washed away. That is not a signal that you need to change your water though.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.