pool light gasket problems

I didnt have any trouble with the thickness of the new one, it was just trying to manipulate all the pieces.
The new housing that im hoping i can use if i ever get this cord unstuck is SOOO much easier!! It just has a snap ring in front of the lens, and an O-ring behind it.

I have been having problems with my Hayward Astrolite (SP-980) leaking as well. The fixture is still good but despite a new gasket and cleaning the seat on the fixture it still leaks. What model fixture did you use that is much easier to install?

I just changed my astrolite bulb also. And get the same bubbles when the light is on for 5 min. Since the gasket i got is spx540z2 and isnt a genuine spx580z2 i will try to return the one i got from leslie and order from online. Can't believe they marked the 540 as a direct replacement for the 580 gasket.

The 540 is thinner and the rubber side facing the pool is flat as opposed to rounded. The difference in thickness is substantial. If you have starlite or need 540 order from amazon I got a genuine gasket.

Alas I have 2 540z2 gaskets thanks to amazon and leslie's replacement part.

Any ideas on where I can find genuine astrolite hayward gasket.

I might have better luck using the old gasket which looks to be in good condition sigh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.