Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time for a pool house

1. Back To Top    #1

Time for a pool house

I built our pool 2 summers ago and we have now decided it is time for a pool house with a bathroom to keep all the wet people out of the house!
    We have decided to build a 14x14 building with an additional 8 feet of roof overhanging the pool patio that will eventually become an outdoor kitchen.

Those of you that have built a pool house what should I consider when building it? It will have a full bathroom and space for a kitchenette. I am going to put in a bifold window that will open up to the eventual outdoor kitchen.
    16x32 IG 20 " sand filter
    Raypac gas heater
    1hp certkin pump
    Abrisud telescopic hard swim under cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time for a pool house

Sounds great Please post pics Wish we had the room for a pool house
    Well I guess we have the room however I would have to extend the pool cage and add more pavers I hope DW does not see this
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

What is your floor (foundation) going to be? In the state we live in, once your building is over a certain sq footage they consider it a to be a permanent structure and charge you property tax accordingly.

I work for a company that does "out buildings" and if you are pulling a permit I would suggest you make your rafters from 2 x 6 to meet code.
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Please post pics/info of your build! This is something DH and I have been kicking around, but haven't gotten any inspiration ( or the get-up-and-go) to do it yet. Thanks!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Do a Google image search for "pool house" and you may get a few ideas.

Be sure to consider the flooring materiel used (slippery).

Maybe a few things from this page: http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemT ... 412%2C4414
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps