I guess it's time to be movin' on

waste said:
Guess who's back?
I'm STILL unpacking and getting the house in order and will be asking new questions about how to properly do that [THANK YOU all for the suggestions on packing!!!] :)

Thanks all for the advice and well wishes :cheers:
I moved from Northern California to Southern California almost 4 years ago. I still have a few boxes that never got unpacked. I think everything's been opened at least once to find something, so that's a start. Then I got married (hence the move - internet dating and all that) and we moved 10 months ago. One side of the family room still has boxes from that move sitting mostly undisturbed. VCR tapes and Christmas decor mostly, judging by the labels, but who knows?

Point is, you won't be unpacked 100% for years. :mrgreen:

Welcome back Ted :wave: I've been MIA myself. Been very busy at work. Once high school football season starts my workload does also.
Glad you made the move o.k. Good to see you back :goodjob:

Hey all, Lynn, Brent, Ann, et. al. :wave:

Welcome to TFP vln!!

Some of the moving story can be read here.

I may well tweak the above link, and there's more to add - but it's OK for now :wink:

THANK YOU to all who have followed my misery/ journey and ALL who proffered the great moving advice :bowdown:

LOVE & LUCK

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
waste said:
Guess who's back?

I think I'll start a new thread on my moving debacle in a few days - I'm too happy to have my internet back right now :-D (I'd love for Gary to 'ghostwrite' it for me, so it'd be amusing :lol: )
Hi Ted,

So sorry not to reply earlier. Life has been very full lately, especially at work. Not bad, mind you, just too full. I've been neglecting my reading at TFP, but my pool is still bright and clean thanks to finding you folks back when. I was worried that my login would've been cancelled by now, and that I would have to send a photo proving that I was not guilty of pool abuse, but all seems fine.

Very glad to hear, albeit belatedly, that you're moved and more or less settled. Sorry that I couldn't collaborate on the moving story. Sounds like a fun writing project! We'll have to find another story to write together.

Again, great to see you back, even though I missed the opening curtain by 6 months :cry:

Cheers, Gary

Hey Gary :wave:

Better late than never :mrgreen:

It's always good to hear from you and I'm glad you were just busy, as opposed to...

How's the wife's job going? Louisa and I are currently 'gainfully unemployed' (thanks to the generosity of the grand and glorious state of Connecticut :lol: ) My job should start back up mid April and Weezie will put in apps with temp agencies after next week (we've got my 13 yr old daughter and one of her friends for the next week - maybe that's the story you can ghostwrite for me :lol: )

Take care and I hope to see you around a little more often :p

Ted,

Jobs are hard to come by these days but when you find one in your new location--even if it's none-pool-related--TAKE IT!

That new job just might put you in contact with another (or others) who can help you advance--even back into the pool business you love. I took a job one time that I really didn't want. But guess what?! That job really paid off--it caused me to meet someone who opened the door for me and my future (and successful) career. Stuff like this still works today. Go with an open mind and try to get positively excited about your new future. I bet we hear from you one of these days soon, telling us how great you're doing. My very best to you.

Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.