Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Post # 2500

1. Back To Top    #1

Post # 2500

It's only been a couple years and here I find myself posting my 2500th post

There are friends I had from PF and even more that I've made on this site

I just want to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone here for allowing me to, not only proffer my advice, but also being my on-line family/ friends.

I think I've been able to help some few folks with my advice, but, even if I haven't - you guys/ gals are the best bunch of people I've ever had the opportunity to interact with!!

Love and Luck to all who happen to read this
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Post # 2500

Right back at ya, Ted! Your posts have certainly helped me.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah... what no-mas said.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats on your 2500th!

You know you've been giving good advice because when you open your front door in the morning, there's no angy mob gathered on the front lawn... Illegitimi non carborundum
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

5. Back To Top    #5

Keep on truckin', you can put another 0 on there!!!
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots

6. Back To Top    #6

Your contributions are much appreciated! Thanks!
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

7. Back To Top    #7

Couldn't have kept my sanity during my build without your advice. Also the times you helped to calm my type A personality down. Keep up the good work Ted.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

8. Back To Top    #8

I'll tell ya, It's was you who made me confidant in building an inground pool someday!

The time we've spent talking about it will always be appreciated and it's even better because someday, someone else an and will use your knowledge and build themselves an amazing pool in their back yard!

I'll also credit others too for their useful info who contributed to those threads! Thank you all!

It's nice to log on and know that we all have a friend named waste!

Congrats!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

2500 posts. OMG. That's incredible. I figure it'll take me a few years to catch up if you don't post any more.

Congrats!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

10. Back To Top    #10

Congrats on the 2500!

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    .....I just want to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone here for allowing me to, not only proffer my advice, but also being my on-line family/ friends.
    I think I've been able to help some few folks with my advice, ....
    You are a remarkable contributor....in fact, you are Special! Very Special!

We appreciate all that you do.

You know that DH and I simply adore you!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Congratulations Ted. A well-deserved milestone.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

12. Back To Top    #12

That is a lot Ted, but it's a privilege for a forum to have contributers like you.
    I stand in line for your posts Ted and will continue to do so. You both have a great knowledge and a lovely personality. Like Butterfly said, am I also a an admirer

//Mats
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    We appreciate all that you do.
    Ditto! Absolutely
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

14. Back To Top    #14

I know it was a 'self serving' post but still appreciate all the kind sentiments y'all have given

Pool work may be my job, but helping the good folk here is my 'hobby'

I treasure both the info I glean from the site (to help me do my job better) and the interactions with the good and kind folks here

Thank you, all, for the kind words about me
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    I know it was a 'self serving' post but still appreciate all the kind sentiments y'all have given
    Nonsense! We're just happy that you're still kicking...

I also noticed that Richard (chem geek) passed the 2500 milestone. I had thought of sending a PM to him with my congratulations but I was afraid he'd see my avatar and fall ill at the very prospect of one more question from me about Total Dissolved Solids(!)

BTW What does the forum do for these occasions? I just want to know if you got the faux-gold watch or the cutlery set....
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

16. Back To Top    #16

Not sure if it was the forum or not but somebody left a 12 pack of Budlite on my doorstep the other night. I let it hang for a few hours and, since no one had claimed it, took it in and started in on it

(if it was from one of y'all, next time I'd prefer the 'not lite' version
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted