Rancho Mission Viejo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've tried to do research on spa jets and I'm not finding much useful information. Maybe I'm not searching well.

PB is pressing me for decision on jets because he has to get the plumbing done and their are different plumbing requirements.

He said he could do anything but mentioned Waterway as his preference but said to check out Twirlybrd too. He said the latter is a neat concept but he's done a few and said his customers haven't always been thrilled with the outcome.

Anyway, I was thinking I'd go with waterway jets but they appear to have three separate lines: mini-storm, poly-storm, and power-storm. Primary difference appears to be the size of the jets...mini is 2.5-3", poly is 3.25-4 or so, and power is 4-5ish. Is this a "bigger is better" scenario? They all appear to support a handful of different jets which I'm sure can be changed out...my main concern is to let him know whether I want mini, poly, or storm so that he can complete the main pluming. I guess they use different venturis and internal parts.

Any advice on this decision or where to find into to help make it??

One thing to keep in mind is that each jet has a flow rate requirement and the pump with the plumbing design needs to support that flow rate. Too many times on this site, pool owners have complained about poor performing jets because the PB's design was inadequate. Now is the time to get it right.

What size pipe is the PB planning and how many jets are you considering?

Pretty sure we have 10 jets. I know there is a separate line for circulation vs the jets. There are two pumps dedicated to the jets and water feature. I'm pretty sure there are 3" lines going to the pool and spa. The PB never produced a written plumbing plan to me. The plumbers showed up yesterday to trench and I didn't realize they'd be laying the pipe today -- it's all happening a bit faster than I had expected.

And that he didn't have any guidance re: the jets isn't comforting either...

I'll have to examine it tonight and hope they made good decisions. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.