Phosphates and Leslie’s - I get it now

Lonnybass

Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
San Diego
My neighbor and I recently had reverse osmosis done on our pools.

I have a Taylor Test Kit, he goes to Leslie’s with a sample.

This morning he asked me to take a look at his test results. The Leslie’s printout showed his FC at 7.5, and gave him a printout with an explanation of elevated phosphates - and the need to add PhosFree to get his numbers under control. He bought $90 worth.

So I brought my Taylor kit over and did an analysis of his water to compare results. Everything was relatively close - except for chlorine numbers...

FC 3.5 (actual)
CC .5 (actual)

Based on his CYA results, the FC target was 6.

So Leslie’s is telling him he needs PhosFree to get his algae under control, at yet, the same time the TRUE chlorine level is coming in at half of where it should be. It’s no wonder there is a need for a miracle algae preventer!

I helped set him up with poolmath and generate some numbers so he could get some accurate chemical additions.

Leslie’s endless hawking of PhosFree makes a lot more sense to me now.

Well done, on identifying the true problem!

What many don't realize is that the Phosfree that they sell is mostly water. IF (and note that is a big if) phosphates are real problem, there are commercial products that are much more effective and less costly than what they are pushing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.