Polaris 280 tail getting stuck over infinity edge

pkflex

Oct 14, 2018
North Texas
A couple of years ago we bought a house with a large infinity edge pool. Just in the last few months, the Polaris 280 tail started getting stuck over the edge. This had not been happening for the first year or so, so I'm not sure what changed. I have reduced the tail whip but that hasn't slowed this issue down. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The foam-like tail scrubber (also on that same page that kadavis linked), wears down. I'm not sure that could cause the problem you're experiencing, but it is something that changes over time. How's yours looking? It's a much cheaper part than kadavis suggested, so that might be something to try first...

The foam-like tail scrubber (also on that same page that kadavis linked), wears down. I'm not sure that could cause the problem you're experiencing, but it is something that changes over time. How's yours looking? It's a much cheaper part than kadavis suggested, so that might be something to try first...

Thank to you both. I am going to try the heavier tail scrubber first and see how that works. Also, the pool cleaner runs while the edge pump is running, so that could be a factor. However, it wasn't an issue for the first year and a half so not sure why it started now.

I will let you know how it works once I try the new attachment. Thanks

So thanks for the feedback. I put on the Polaris Tailsweep Pro as we have a saltwater pool and that is supposed to help keep water from spraying out. Since we put it on we have not had this issue again. Appreciate the guidance..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.