Leaking Pool, Repair option after 2 unsuccessful ones

Oct 18, 2007
Cedar Hill, TN
My liner is pretty new. It was installed in spring of 2017. Due to illness I could not keep a close eye on it, but noticed a small leak. Put it off as evaporation, never doing the bucket test.

Closed it for winter, opened up this spring. The water level was 2 feet below what it was supposed to be. I filled it up, started it up, and did the bucket test. It was leaking about 1-2 inches per week. So a very small leak.

Pool company came out, searched for 1 1/2 hour and found a very small separation where 3 pieces of vinyl came together. Of course the 1 year warranty was up by then, and I had to pay for a repair.

They patched it with a clear patch that showed as bright white on my brand new blue liner.

Now I'm noticing the edges peeling off. Was told that there is a 1 year guarantee on the patch, and showing eyesore of the thing, was assured of something better that would not be showing after the repair.

Different guy comes out, rips off the old patch. Leaves behind a green square where the old glue is algae saturated and stuck to the liner. He puts on a smaller patch, right on top of the old glue. (also clear that looks white under water)

Now I have a nice blue liner, with a green square that has a white bulls-eye!!

Called the Pools Company back, send pictures and told them that this is not acceptable. Was assured that the ordered a piece of vinyl with my pattern for a "real repair" that would not show.

They plan on "Welding" the piece of vinyl to my liner.

I googled "welding vinyl pools" Everything I find is done above water. Can this be done under water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.