Filter Pump Won't Start after Lightning

Apr 1, 2018
Dallas/Texas
After a heavy rainfall and lightning storm my filter pump wouldn't start. When I turn it on it I hear one click noise and then nothing happens. This was also true with my cleaner pump, but not my water feature pump. I reset every known breaker in my house and it seemed to resolve the cleaner pump issue, but not the filter pump issue.

Any common fixes that you can think of? Seems to be an electrical problem associated with the pump. I do not know all the specs of the pump off the top of my head other than it is a Pentair Wisperflow (older model) and it is too wet outside to go look at the moment.

I appreciate any thoughts you can add.

The start capacitor and/or the run capacitor may have gone bad. Try turning the impeller with your fingers to see if it spins. Make sure all power at fuse box is shut down, including the timer, extra switches. If it turns freely and you are getting power, one of your capacitors may have been fried during the lighting strike.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.