Design to equalize spa jet pressure

Sep 19, 2018
Las Vegas
Post split from Spa jets with unequal pressure Zea3
My spa had 9 jets; all of them with unequal pressure. I tried everything including plugging and grilling jet inserts to compensate. Added more power and blower. Basically overwhelmed the system and had good pressure flow from all. However noise in spa from bubbles made it impossible to think or talk.

New pool I'm having built but I am getting involved with plumbing. I remember my old racing days; equal length intake and exhaust headers or some would get more than others. So alternative was intake manifold where large volume area fed all cylinders; a plenum chamber.

So in new pool design I have 1.5" pipe feeding a 3" pipe around spa to normalize pressure and then equal length 1.5" pipe feeding each jet. Hope it works.

If you want to be able to talk, or hear the tv, which was our biggest concern, just turn on spa blower for about 10 sec. then turn it off. That should prime the air flow enough to keep bubbles coming but not too noisy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.