Diluting for CYA Phos and CH

Aug 18, 2018
Dieppe New Brunswick
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am attempting to lower CYA - currently at 95 / to lower CH - currently at 240 / to lower Phosphates - currently at 2300.
The fill water is PH 7.4 / Phosphates 1000 / CA 40 / CH 40 . Luckily we have a yearly water sewer bill.. Everyone gets the same size bill regardless of usage.

I guess I do need to circulate for 6 hours [after the level is full] to fully mix it all up before I test again.

- - - Updated - - -

Shocked the pool waited till morning 13 hours after shocking

dropped CYA to 42
CH to 139
TA to 68
Phos to 1800
PH up 7.9
TC up 8.1

Nice to meet you via TFP :)

30 minutes of circulation is usually enough to mix the water pretty well. If you brush or run your robot at the same time, it gets extremely well mixed.

Water chemistry looks good and keeping FC around 4 ppm (no lower than 3 ppm) should keep everything under control.

Cheers

You are quite correct. My neighbour has a test kit that I have used. There are 15 pool companies in a community of 135,000 people. They all compete. The best testing is by a good company which prides themselves's on proper testing. They also use a larger Taylor lab and the results are very close to my neighbour's. I will be ordering a kit in the spring as it would be more convenient and I don't want 8 month old kit to start next season. BTW, the pool company has tested my water 10x without ever trying to sell me anything.

It sucks to be in Canada where it is hard to get a kit. I wanted to order from TFP....but....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.