Help Me Confirm Failing Salt Cell - Hayward AquaRite T-9

Ok, I was just thinking that they would come out, test the box, find that it was ok and then charge a service call. They could say that they did what you asked.

My point was that it's clear that you're claiming warranty and for them to check the whole system, box and cell.

Just trying to avoid misunderstanding.

Ok, I was just thinking that they would come out, test the box, find that it was ok and then charge a service call. They could say that they did what you asked.

My point was that it's clear that you're claiming warranty and for them to check the whole system, box and cell.

Just trying to avoid misunderstanding.
Got ya. The entire unit is covered under warranty still by pool builder. Hopefully they get it resolved quickly.

To close this out.... JamesW, you and I were both right, the salt cell was failing. This just proves that the Hayward tester is basically useless. PB sent work order to warranty station for Hayward, replaced cell and all is now working 100%, the instant salinity is now reading 3300 on one polarity and 3400 on the other. The old cell was only show 1900 on one of the polarities when it was pulled for replacement, so it wasn't dead but it was on life support :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.