AA In Floor Valve repair

runboy

Jun 26, 2018
Mesa/AZ
Before I start taking stuff apart I was wondering if anybody can tell me how the AA QuickStop is connected to the Upper Housing? From the pictures it almost looks like it is supposed to be glued in. Is that the case? Mine is leaking between the Upper Housing and the Quickstop.

Before you start tearing things apart, are you the original owner of the pool? A&A has a lifetime warranty, but it only applies to the original owner.

So if it’s glued in I guess I will likely have to change both the quick stop and the upper housing.
Anyway of applying glue to fix a leak like that? I guess it doesn’t matter If I mess it up If I have to change both parts anyway.

I just rebuilt my valve and best recollection it’s glued into the valve side but threaded MPT FPT on top. So slip connection into the valve, and FPT thread on the inlet. The Quik Stop black lever part can be replaced with a new rubber gasket if it’s leaking, just remove with a Phillips head screw and pull the assembly out. You may need to also remove the valve top and unscrew the FPT side to get at the stick 'stopper'. The stopper gets chewed up if you engage it while the gears are spinning, so it's a replacement item.
See image
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-130870...top-feed-valve-quikstop-assembly-522802-6.jpg

I just rebuilt my valve and best recollection it’s glued into the valve side but threaded MPT FPT on top. So slip connection into the valve, and FPT thread on the inlet. The Quik Stop black lever part can be replaced with a new rubber gasket if it’s leaking, just remove with a Phillips head screw and pull the assembly out. You may need to also remove the valve top and unscrew the FPT side to get at the stick 'stopper'. The stopper gets chewed up if you engage it while the gears are spinning, so it's a replacement item.
See image
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-130870...top-feed-valve-quikstop-assembly-522802-6.jpg

It actually looks like its leaking from the glue point and not the quick stop. But I will double check.

Ah! Exactly the reason why I had to replace my entire valve last winter. It was after we resurfaced pool and valve was dry for about 5 weeks. Something got dried up and started leaking from 2 of the 5 ports.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.