What is THIS?????

Jul 15, 2018
Liverpool, NY
Is it Algae? The mustart algae just came back (tiny bit on the seams) so I immediately checked everything and started bringing my FC level up. Brushing daily - sometimes twice - since Sunday and discovered this black stuff in the skimmer this afternoon.

Obviously I"m going to attack it with bleach, once it stops raining. But I"m curious as to what it is. (hoping pictures attach. I've tried 3 times)

Also...After the first algae incident I've been doing very well checking my levels and keeping my FC where it should be (using liquid chlorine). We got about 2 weeks worth of swim time - between rainy days - and now it's back! While our weather has been HOT and MUGGY, we haven't really had the bright sun most days. Is that and all the rain we continue to get the culprit in algae spawning? Our water remains crystal clear. You'd never know there was algae unless you noticed the seams. :-(

Continuing with TFP methods and trying to convince the impatient Mister that it's not a lost cause....My goal is to fight it so we can swim next week through labor day, but I have to convince him to keep getting the liquid chlorine.

As always, any advice is VERY appreciated!!
Thanks!
Barb

Attachments

• 20180817_151030.jpg
    20180817_151030.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20180817_151040 - Copy.jpg
    20180817_151040 - Copy.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 78
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.