Is there no tech support?

JayKriz said:
In the SWG manufacture, they need able to create a customer loyalty. They to put a tech support that it was interesting and effective at all callers. If this can be followed many customers are interested in the SWG.
Welcome to the forum :)

I think you're right about the importance of customer loyalty, especially for companies hoping to create a basis for repeat purchases. New pool owners (as I was three years ago) are persuaded to buy the products advanced by their pool builders or contractors, and secondly by advertising and market share.

Strannik said:
To be honest, I would hope my clients never come back to me again except for the occasional cell purchase every 5-10 years or so.

Sadly, this sort of thinking is the reason people switch to a different manufacturer when the time comes to replace a crucial component.

If the product is well made and I don't need support, that's one thing, I'm likely to buy again. But if I call for support and I get the impression that they couldn't be bothered unless I'm buying something, that is an instant turn-off and I'm much more likely to jump ship when the time comes.

Not that this is what you meant by your post; I just feel this way about customer service.

Well, in defense of the folks asking on this forum in lieu of calling in the company tech support staff, there are some interesting dynamics in play...
First, folks here have already established some sort of rapport with others here, so there is an existing relationship, trust, and naturally the floor has already been opened for questions. It is typically easier, or I should say more comfortable, for people to ask a question of those with whom one is already familiar, than to initiate contact with an unknown quantity to ask the same question. People are funny like that.
Second, the folks here are pool folks. There are some of the industry's best people with an immense amount of experience and knowledge here, with a history of sharing, and accurate troubleshooting acumen. Frankly, I would rather deal with our experts here, who have real-world support experience, than potentially with someone reading from a flowchart. I have also known tech support in other industries to flat out lie and make up outlandish specs, claims, and info. We forum members trust the information here.

When you call some tech support centers, and you come across the recorded woman that asks, "Are you a pool owner? or a pool professional"? Most callers being owners, choose pool owner, they get a certain level of help, usually (from what I've heard) not enough to solve their problem. But if you choose pool professional, there is a dramatic attitude shift that takes place, and you may wind up with a little better service/info. Now having said that, there must be a bit of impersonation that must take place so that you wont get busted by answering a question wrong that a tech should know. So be careful about what you say.

baudilus said:
Strannik said:
To be honest, I would hope my clients never come back to me again except for the occasional cell purchase every 5-10 years or so.

Sadly, this sort of thinking is the reason people switch to a different manufacturer when the time comes to replace a crucial component.

If the product is well made and I don't need support, that's one thing, I'm likely to buy again. But if I call for support and I get the impression that they couldn't be bothered unless I'm buying something, that is an instant turn-off and I'm much more likely to jump ship when the time comes.

Not that this is what you meant by your post; I just feel this way about customer service.

i'm always happy to help people who need help, even if they aren't my client, but I much rather prefer them to be happy with their purchase and not need any support

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.