Spa Cleaning

Apr 19, 2018
Henderson,NV
Good day everyone,

Quartz Plaster SWG Pool/Attached Spa (~700 Gals):

I am thinking of cleaning the Spa only by doing these:
1/ drain all the water from spa to pool.
2/ do the cleaning, using garden hose, then pump them all (water debris) out to waste.
3/ fill it back up from pool.
Any Ideas, Suggestions, comments? Please.
My questions are:
1/ how long it should be exposed to air temperature about 100oF day time in Las Vegas?
2/ should I wait until fall where temperature drop down to what? (70oF?).
Thanks in advance.

But, with proper chemical balancing, there should never be a need to "drain and wash".

Is it green? What are the test results from your K-2006?

Unfortunately, jblizzle , the water is not well balanced.
FC=3
TC=5
Salt=3500
CH=400
CYA= 50
TA= 100
pH= 7.8
There is some “scaling” at the bottom of spa, I would like to manually scrub it to feel how hard it is, I am brushing with Nylon and Steel daily , It may help a little bit but could take a long time, I guess.
I am working hard on balancing the water, using liquid stabilizer (1 Gal so far, 1qt/day) to bring CYA up. MA (14.5% from Home Depot) to bring pH and TA down, Running pump from 4AM-12PM and 8PM-12AM with 100% chlorinating from Salt Cell (All green lights) . (FC may not be there that long with water temp 85oF and Air=106oF, some time , a 16oz of liquid chlorine 10% from Home Depot need to be added at night time). I may have to dump some water to the sewage line as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.