lmartins6746

Jun 6, 2018
Simpsonville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm not proud of this but tonight I was trying to figure out why I had air in my lines and when I pulled the basket out to check for suction the skimmer sock got sucked down the line. I ran over and turned the pump off. What do I do? waste out and hope for the best? will it cause issues or will it just get caught by the filter.

I think the sock was full and was clogging the line causing a suction issue and air getting into the line but not sure.

Welcome to TFP!

It should get caught in the pump leaf basket. Hopefully it doesn't get stuck in the plumbing. Are there any valves in front of the pump?

It won't make it to the filter. Did you check the basket at your pump? If it's not there, I would try to push it back toward the skimmer.

With the pump off and the pump basket in place, try putting a garden hose in the pipe going back toward the pool (not toward the pump) and turn it on full blast to push it back into the skimmer.

Depending on how far it went down, a plumbing snake might do the trick by hooking the sock and pulling it back out.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.