Hayward Aqua Rite

Hi All,

I was recently given the control panel and a salt cell. I was advised the salt cell is dead and will need a new one. How do I know the control panel is functioning properly before going out and paying $600 for a new salt cell?

When I plug the panel in, it has power and the lights come on. Is there anything else I can do to see if it is functioning or do I just take a gamble and buy a new cell and hope for the best?

Thx

Hi James,

I dont have any readings. I just plugged the unit in to ensure it still had power which it appears to. Nothing else has been setup. Can I get the diagnostics just by plugging it back in or do I have to plumb everything in first?

I can get the serial numbers from the box and cell once I get home from work

If it has power, you can get the readings.

It can be powered by 120 or 240 but the jumpers need to be set according to the diagram on the inside of the front door for the voltage.

Once it powers up, press the little black button by the display and record the numbers. About 8 presses for all numbers.

Ok, the numbers look ok. I think that it's probably ok.

The unit got changed to metric. Probably from a display board making a weak connection with the back board.

If you pull off the display board and reinstall it, it should be good.

How To: Replace an AquaRite Display PCB - YouTube

The cell is from 2009. So, at 9 years old, it's expected to be worn out.

The box should have a serial number starting with 3A09, which means made in 2009.

I think that you would be good to go with a new cell.

Was the cell plugged in to get the readings?

There should have been one more reading a t-15 for cell size, right?

HI James,

No the cell was not plugged in as I was told it was dead and have not augmented any of my plumbing to accept the cell as of yet. I did not want to do that if the system would not work.

Am I able to just plug the cell in even though it is not plumbed? Other than give me the cell code on the control panel will it change any of the other numbers?

I have seen from a You Tube video the cell should be plumbed after the pump, filter and heater, this may pose a problem as my pump and filter are inside a pool shed while the heater is outside. Not sure if the cord will be long enough to reach the control box. (Power is in the pool shed)

The 25 should be the temperature in Celsius, which is 77 Fahrenheit. It gets that from the temperature probe in the cell. It might be a default temperature.

In any case, I think that the box will probably work.

You can mount the box outside if necessary to make the cord reach.

If you have power going to the heater, you can probably tap into that for the box.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.