Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do we have a textiles expert?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do we have a textiles expert?

Since we have such a very large membership I thought I'd give this a try.

I need to downsize my "stuff", most notably some family heirloom textiles which have been handed down for 5 or 6 generations. My daughters have no interest or use for them and I feel I have a duty to make them available to someone who can truly appreciate them.

There are, for instance, yards and yards of homespun linen. I know the fields where the flax was grown in a small village in Germany. The farm had been in my mother's family for hundreds and hundreds of years. It is now on the historic register.

There are tablecloths, some embroidered, others of cotton or linen damascus without embroidery, and linen dinner napkins. Other textiles as well, such as the linen towels my grandfather used in WW 1, some still have his initials embroidered on.

I am trying to find a source, or several sources, whom I could contact to see if they're interested in buying the lot, and I have no idea where to start.

Thank you for any input and suggestions.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do we have a textiles expert?

You may want to contact someone in the link below. They may help you with proper descriptions and sources.
    http://www.textilemuseum.org/
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do we have a textiles expert?

Thanks Dave. This gives me a starting point.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.