The week of rain is over; time to add salt, baking soda, etc.

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
As of about 2:00 pm today, the water has gone down to just a slow drip from 1 of the 2 overflow pipes from our pool. Hopefully, we have drier weather ahead.

So, today it's time to test the water and see what I've lost due to overflow. My ProLogic was telling me my salt was down to 2700. So, just to get the salt up a bit, I dumped a half-bag of salt in the pool.

Now to get out the TFTestkit and K-1766 to check everything.:testkit:

Normally the only thing that rain water will do is raise your PH unless you have to dump or drain water.

I normally add a little muratic acid after an inch or more of rain.

Here in CT we had 4-5 inches in the past couple days.. and two tornado's in near by towns. After the showers my pool was about 1/4 inch from the top..and I have never
see it like that before. Now 90 degrees for a couple of days.

Normally the only thing that rain water will do is raise your PH unless you have to dump or drain water.

We have overflow pipes on our skimmer and on our autofill. We have had water gushing out of both of those pipes for a couple of days. I suspect that without the overflow pipes, the pool water level would have been close to the deck. So, we definitely lost a fair bit of water. I had to add baking soda, calcium chloride, salt, and CYA to get the pool back near my target readings. I always add a bit less than PoolMath calls for, then I test a few days later (except CYA which I give 5 days) before adding more.

A couple of years ago, we got so much rain in such a short period of time that even with the overflow pipes, our pool did overflow onto the deck.:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.