Intex 12' x 24' x 52" Ultra Frame AGP Install

Jul 20, 2018
Houston, Texas
It's my first post as I just joined but I've been lurking for a bit absorbing information. Started prepping the ground here in East-Central Texas a week or so ago. Area is approximately 18' x 30' or so.

2018-07-15 18.09.13.jpgView attachment 83499

The intended area was about 3 inches high on the right of the picture, using the left as my "standard" as it was the lowest spot. I am using an optical level on a tripod for getting things leveled out. After measuring elevations throughout, I used a tiller to cut into the soil at an approximate depth. I then used a "snow plow" on the garden tractor to move the majority of the soil out of the area. From there it was the "hand tractor" to get a final grade. Unfortunately, I had the kids helping and ended up measuring the left side about an inch too high to begin with, throwing off the overall grade.

2018-07-20 06.49.26.jpg

Started today shaving off an inch to minimize backfill on the top left side. Not fun with a shovel.

Regardless, after getting things down an inch, and re-leveled I'm simply going Intex Tarp - 3/4" Foam Board - Tarp - Liner. I'm also putting down 16"x16"x4" concrete blocks for the legs, and leveling them 3/4" above the grade to match with the additional foam board. If someone has any experience on the foam board settinging and a recommendation on what height the blocks need to be at, please advise.

Updates to come. My hands hurt...

Hi, welcome to TFP! Sorry about your hands! Make sure your concrete blocks are wide enough to support the entire area of the leg that contacts the ground. There should be zero leg overhang on the sides of the block. Your blocks should be level with the foamboard.

Little slow getting updates on here given the Texas heat is kicking my rear. I've tried to upload photos of the build but the system continues to say they are too large. And I don't have time currently to play that game. Maybe one day I'll attempt to minimize them so the system will play nice.

Either way, it is done. 15# tar paper, 3/4" blue foam, Intex tarp. Given it is laid over what used to be Bermuda and Bahia grass, I'm thinking that setup should be sufficient to avoid anything growing thru the liner.

Only issue so far the the Intex branded skimmer is about a piece of junk. It will not stay in place and continuously pops up and stops water flow thru the pump. I've since removed it and I'm thinking of going with the box skimmers off ebay or something similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.