Polaris 280 - Do I buy a new cleaner

Long story short, I bought my new house in May. Noticed the backup valve on the hose was shot as it kept failing into backup mode. This morning I looked in the pool and saw a wheel laying in the deep end (will get it tonight). I assume this thing is >10 years old probably original. Is it cheaper to rebuild or get a new one? Also if I get a new one what do you recommend? I have a booster pump (original) but am not married to it...

I think it is nice to have a pool robot that runs independently of pool pumps. Then if you have to take the system down for repairs the robot can at least keep the floor clean and the water mixed. The rebuild kit for the Polaris runs between $99 and $380, depending on whether you get an original manufacturer kit or an aftermarket kit. Factor in the probably 10yr old booster pump, when it goes that will be an additional cost as well.

Most have $50-$75 rebate if you purchase by the end of the month. I think the S200 is great but if you want caddy and bells and whistles S300i...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.