Difference between T0004 and T0014?

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
They are both Phenol red. Ran out of T0014 today and wanted the larger bottle, but the guy behind the desk only had the 0014 in the smaller bottles. Told me the T0004 was for a different test kit because the red was darker.

TIA,

- Jeff

taekwondodo said:
They are both Phenol red. Ran out of T0014 today and wanted the larger bottle, but the guy behind the desk only had the 0014 in the smaller bottles. Told me the T0004 was for a different test kit because the red was darker.
Hey Jeff,

Not sure about the difference in color... but the formulations are designed for different test kits or, more specifically, different test comparators:

• R-0004
    pH Indicator Solution (Phenol Red-2000 Series)
    Comparator 9058 (rounded tubes) pH 7.0 - 8.0

R-0014A
    pH Indicator Solution (Phenol Red-Residential Series)
    Comparator 9781 (square tubes) pH 6.8 - 8.2

Source: Taylor Technologies

PaulR and polyvue are very correct. The products cannot be used interchangeably.

It's always seemed like an unnecessary complication to me but Taylor has a reason for doing so.....I just have never asked what that reason is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.