iAqualink 2.0 Connection Problem

Jun 1, 2015
LI, New York
Just had a brand new iAqualink 2.0 system installed and even got it connected to my wireless network (solid yellow and green lights). However, when I go to their website to add the device to my account, after typing in the serial number and a location name, I get the error "[FONT=&quot]Make sure device is online and that you are connected to the same network"

Well, the device is online and connected to the same network. I have triple checked the serial number and tried to add the device about 20 times. Thinking this could be a problem on their end but thought I'd check here first in case anyone has a suggestion. Thanks! [/FONT]

Just had a brand new iAqualink 2.0 system installed and even got it connected to my wireless network (solid yellow and green lights). However, when I go to their website to add the device to my account, after typing in the serial number and a location name, I get the error "Make sure device is online and that you are connected to the same network"

Well, the device is online and connected to the same network. I have triple checked the serial number and tried to add the device about 20 times. Thinking this could be a problem on their end but thought I'd check here first in case anyone has a suggestion. Thanks!

I just had iAqualink 2.0 installed the other day and same exact issue. I have a green light at the device and can ping the iAqualink from my router reliably with no signal or packet loss. However when I got to add the device by serial number in the iAqualink app or on the website I get the same error. Very frustrating. I can't imagine both of us have the same issue so close together and it's a coincidence.

>> when I go to their website to add the device to my account, after typing in the serial number and a location name, I get the error "Make sure device is online and that you are connected to the same network"

Same exact issue here too. I have confirmed that:

1) iAquaLink shows green led
2) I can ping iAquaLink from my laptop
3) latop, iphone, and iAqualink are under same WiFi AP / router (should show same NATed IP to iAquaLink server for all devices)
4) I am writing deviceID correctly

Alas, when I try to 'add location' my iAqualink account (tried both from a laptop (with both firefox and chrome) and from iphone), I get the same error message OP did.

Lastly - service technician that did startup for the pool had no problem adding my location/equipment via iaqualink app.

I am at loss what to try next.

If you can ping it call Jandy they are very helpful with setup. They will not help with wiring and physical connections probably a mixture of liability concerns and ensuring proper setup to reduce call volume. If you can ping it and have the correct SN they should be able to access it and get it setup. They were even able to tell me why one of my pump run times was not working by what they could see (there was a second page of setup menu I did not notice).

>> when I go to their website to add the device to my account, after typing in the serial number and a location name, I get the error "Make sure device is online and that you are connected to the same network"

Same exact issue here too. I have confirmed that:

1) iAquaLink shows green led
2) I can ping iAquaLink from my laptop
3) latop, iphone, and iAqualink are under same WiFi AP / router (should show same NATed IP to iAquaLink server for all devices)
4) I am writing deviceID correctly

Alas, when I try to 'add location' my iAqualink account (tried both from a laptop (with both firefox and chrome) and from iphone), I get the same error message OP did.

Lastly - service technician that did startup for the pool had no problem adding my location/equipment via iaqualink app.

I am at loss what to try next.

I have been having the same issue. Two year old system and only now noticing problems. No changes in my WiFi or pool equipment. Seems like it intermittently loses its “web” connection. Did you ever find a resolution?

Is any one else having connection issues lately? My system was working fine up till a week ago. Now constant connection issues with no changed to my home wifi.

Is any one else having connection issues lately? My system was working fine up till a week ago. Now constant connection issues with no changed to my home wifi.

Almost every time I use it. It is quite annoying. I don't know if it's something that just happened as we recently started using the spa but I am getting a connection error literally every time I try to change a setting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost every time I use it. It is quite annoying. I don't know if it's something that just happened as we recently started using the spa but I am getting a connection error literally every time I try to change a setting.

There tech support had me first check my internet connection speed here. Internet Speed Test | Fast.com and said the need 10mb min to work correctly. I have satellite internet and it was throttled down to 1mb of less when I called so they blamed it on that but I have not had these issues in the past when being throttled (I get throttled for at least 3 weeks out of the month) so they had no other ideas except get a faster connection. I just closed the pool a few days ago so am unable to test when I have have a faster connection. It did seem to get a little better for a few days before closing. I will report back here in the spring if still have issues. There app has not been updated since 4-20-17 so it does not seem like they keep things up to date.

I found the fix to this. Even after resetting the router it wasnt working for me through the app. Kept asking for correct device id. The solution is clear the system cache by resetting it from the main control tower. Open the control box and on top left there will be a small black hold, using a pen/stick/driver press it and system resets. Following which you can try adding device id again given your router is green. Now it works.

Reactions: Stilljray
I was running into this same issue and figured out a solution that I wanted to share. My device was connnected to the network and I continued to receive the error "make sure device is online and that you are connected to the same network." I realized that I was entering the serial number of the Aqualink RS unit and not the DEVICE number of the transponder/antenna. There was a sticker with the device number on my transponder and after entring that into the system, I was able to add my location. I hope this helps others as this was extremely frustrating to solve!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.