Help replacing older Swimquip skimmer

Sep 18, 2009
I have an older model Swimquip skimmer that is cracked and in need of replacement. It was installed in the early 70's and the part number I got off it is 8650, which corresponds to the current U3 model carried by Pentair/Sta-Rite. My problem is that this newer version is a single piece model whereas it looks like my unit is a 2 piece model that screws down onto a black ring which houses the incoming lines. My question is, is there anyplace where I can still get one of these older model Swimquip skimmers to replace it?
Thanks for any information you can help me with.

Hey I have the EXACT same skimmer in my inground. I have been part of management at Leslies Pool Mart for 7 years. We have an optimus book that has the parts breakdown of the entire U3 (now sold by Pentair). So you could order just the cracked part, or you could order peices seperately.. which would be a bit expensive. Unfortunately it seems that products tend to change over the years. mine actually cracked around the sides as well, so since its not coming out of the ground, I just used epoxy putty and filled in the cracks. Either way, i hope I have helped you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.