PH Meter issue

Jun 13, 2018
Clinton TN
I just got a PH meter from Amazon. It is the Vantakool meter. I calibrated it last night using the 6.86 and 9.13 buffer packs in distilled water. After calibration tested on the buffer packs read fine. Tested my pool this morning and it showed a PH of 8.3. The test from my TF 100 said 7.5. I even resorted to the random number generator (test strips) I had and it showed between 7.2 and 7.8 so 7.5 seems good. Does anyone else have experience with this meter. Either the meter is messed up or I did calibration wrong.

pH meters should be calibrated just prior to testing. The instructions indicate a 2-point calibration procedure - 6.86 first, then 4.00 buffer. The 9.18 buffer is only for accuracy checking, not for calibration.

I redid the calibration with the 4.01 and 6.86. It now tells me the pool is 7.6. Which is in line with the other readings. I checked it with the 9.18 and it only reads 9.0. So there may be an issue at the high end. I rinsed with distilled water each time. So it seems the instructions in the package were wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.