Heavy rain left a foot of muddy water sitting in my bare gunite deepend

May 9, 2018
Frisco, Tx
Currently our pool build is at the stage where gunite was installed and we are 4 days into watering it 2-3 times a day. Last night we had a large amount of rain here and their is a little less than a foot of water dirty sitting In the deep end. Is this ok or will it damage the gunite? I can run to Lowe’s and buy a sub pump, but id rather not waste the money if it’s not neeeded. It’s for sure too much for the sun to evaporate quickly.

I would ask your PB but Im fairly certain he will say not an issue. My pool build was seriously nasty looking and a lot more than a foot...

txt ur PB, if its an issue he should come pump it.

I'd be surprised if it is an issue. FWIW, Our unfinished gunite deep-end currently has 3 feet of swamp looking water with boards, plastic bottles, debris, plastic bags and Jimmy Hoffa in it at the moment.

I'd be surprised if it is an issue. FWIW, Our unfinished gunite deep-end currently has 3 feet of swamp looking water with boards, plastic bottles, debris, plastic bags and Jimmy Hoffa in it at the moment.

I recently completed a remodel that included chiping out the plaster back to bare gunite. Not the same as curing new gunite, I know, but my pool spent a lot of time looking like ctrav's, and it cleaned up real nice. Don't think its a problem.

Currently our pool build is at the stage where gunite was installed and we are 4 days into watering it 2-3 times a day. Last night we had a large amount of rain here and their is a little less than a foot of water dirty sitting In the deep end. Is this ok or will it damage the gunite? I can run to Lowe’s and buy a sub pump, but id rather not waste the money if it’s not neeeded. It’s for sure too much for the sun to evaporate quickly.

This won’t be an issue whatsoever, they will clean it all out and prep it before plastering.

You're fine. They shot the gunite on my pool in the fall, didn't plaster until spring. I had a whole winter's worth of water, leaves, trash, efflorescence blooms, and other unmentionables in my pool for several months before they plastered. Shouldn't be an issue..

I came in to say the same thing as everybody else. I had at least 3-4 feet of green pollen infested water in mine two or three times for a couple of weeks at a time. It still cleaned up really nicely after they pumped it out (three times).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.