Last night FC 6. Today 1 and a bit cloudy.

May 6, 2018
Bloomington IN
So what the deal. It's really hot right now. Pool was 96 degrees on it's own. Does the hot water eat chlorine. My stenner injected 2 ppm today as well provided it was working properly.

Normally it only loses 1.5 to 2ppm a day covered. It was covered today all but an hr or so.

FC 1
Cc. Less than .5
Ph. 7.4
Ta. 110
Ch. 230
Cya. 30.

Added 1 gallon of 12.5 percent and the FC was 11 when I tested last. It's not real cloudy but it's not clear either.

The pump run time has little to do with it, unless you are running a salt water chlorine generator (SWG)?

You need liquid chlorine in there and fast. The super hot weather will surely help the algae reproduce and spread.

Maddie :flower:

I have a client who has a huge above ground pool, it's 23000 gallons, and they keep it heated to 92 degrees from April through December. The pool's chlorine depletion is virtually the same as rest of my clients... it does not require more.

I think sunlight exposure, bather load and the general environment of the pool in general has far more effect than water temp. That's my observation anyway...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Click the link I posted in message #2 in this thread. Follow directions to the letter.....and your pool can be sparkly clear and clean again!

Feel free to ask any other questions about the process after you've read the directions and have you test kit at hand :testkit:

Maddie :flower:

If the "Re:Last night FC 6. Today 1 and a bit cloudy" was your OCLT, then you more than likely have the start of an algae bloom! A SLAM is in order for sure. If the two tests were not after the sun went down and then before it came back up again in the morning, start a SLAM until you can do an OCLT tonight just to rule out a filtering issue. The slightly cloudy observation means more than likely a SLAM is in order anyways. Good Luck !!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.