Jandy Nicheless Small LED Pool Lights Out of Sync

My two "Jandy Nicheless LED Pool Lights" go out of sync randomly. You know ... randomly, like every three to six months. I have followed several different "reset sequence" formats (from the manual, from tips on line, from the pool builder) to NO AVAIL. I've always had to have a technician come out and reset them for me (of course, while I'm not around). Both the shallow and deep end LED lights are controlled by the same circuit in my pool. You may have more than 2, do these steps for each light. For my system, there is a junction box connecting both light cables to the same 12 volt supply from the internal Jandy iAqualink control box. This particular model has 14 color modes (listed in the manual).

If you're unsure or feel unsafe working on electrical equipment ... DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS PROCESS. Have your local electrical pool guy do this for you.

If you're a DIY guy like me:

The long method ... I'm sure there is a way to mount a couple switches for each light (externally on the junction box) to sync one light at a time (Since my pool equipment is OUT OF WARRANTY, I may try this).

Follow these steps to reset the lights iAqualink controls at the panel.
1. Using your hand held system (phone or pad), with the power on, set the color to Alpine white. (Any light that is NOT Alpine white will need to be synced). You can also choose any other color (like Colbalt blue) if your eyes are sharp enough!
2. Shut down the electrical power (through disconnects so there is no power to the Jandy iAqualink unit).
3. Remove the junction box cover and locate where the lights connect to the transformer output.
4. Disconnect all of the lights.
5. Connect one of the lights.
6. Turn the power on to the iAqualink system.
7. Place the system in "service" mode.
8. This step takes two people (one watching the light and one pushing a button) or you may be in for a whole bunch of walking.
9. Depress the "light" button at the iAqualink control center to turn the light on.
10. Observe the color. If not "Alpine White", depress the button (turn the light off) then quickly (within a second or so) turn the light back on. It should be on a different color mode.
11. Repeat step 10 until the light is "Alpine white" (could take 13 pushes to get back to your chosen sync color (in this case Alpine White is what I chose).
12. Shut down the electrical power (through disconnects so there is no power to the Jandy iAqualink unit).
13. Disconnect the light (this would be a good time to tag the cable or wire with the light location (deep, shallow, spa, etc)
14. Connect another light.
15. Repeat steps 6-13 for each light.
16. Reconnect all lights.
17. Turn the power on to the iAqualink system.
18. Place the system in "service" mode.
19. Depress the light button. All lights should be synced to the same color.

Attachments

• 20180619_102700.jpg
    20180619_102700.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 71
My PB went through that same hassle with my Jandy LEDs because they were out of sync. Now one isn’t even working. He said he’s having trouble with them everywhere he’s installed them. I have 6 of them plus 3 (different brand) in the tanning ledge which are now out of sync. We haven’t paid our final draw and I’m not sure what I’m going to do...insist he swap them out or wait to pay him for a couple months to make sure they keep working right. PB said Jandy bought out another light company and these lights are the result. Hopefully they are working on a fix for it. As you’re aware they weren’t cheap, especially when you add install costs.

Sorry for the rant and hijack. I hope an easier solution is developed for us. Good luck.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine where manufactures add automation as an after thought. If these lights were designed with any technology less than 25 years old they would be computer controlled and work like they should. Whenever I use my phone to change my lights and watch them blink to what you have chosen because the maker refuses to update their archaic methods it really shakes my faith in the pool industry. So Mickey Mouse!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.