Aquabot breeze 4wd dead

suzook

Apr 15, 2014
Stony Brook, NY
So I have been using my 4wd for last 4 years. Worked great till yesterday the power supply died. I was extremely happy with it's performance, but expected the unit to die before the power supply. I'm Leary to buy another due to this happening. Any suggestions thoughts? I looked into a new ps, it's $300!!!

I found a local guy. It's not 100% the same model. But it has same plug for robot. Wondering if it would work. Does the power supply control the robots "brain"??

So it looks like the power supply is the brains. Same plug, but will it control it?

Suzook

If you give up on the aquabot I’d like to buy the cord that goes from the controller to the wall. If it’s like mine it’s removable after you remove two screws holding a collar on

Some rodent nibbled on mine and removed part of the jacket so it’s just electrical taped now.

If replacing the power supply didn't work something is wrong with the robot. Any power supply from Aquatron should work. What made you think it was the power supply to begin with? Did it just not turn on?

The power supply didn't output voltage. I opened it, found the fuse blown. Jumped it temporarily, and it turned out again. There's a reason aquabot has different power supplies....they are the brain of the robot. The robot just has motor...I looked. It seems like your an expert by your signature, but there are differences of the power supplies on the aquabot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry in my opinion this comment was not necessary. I guess in your opinion you think you know more than he does. He was just offering help based on his experience. You can take it or leave it. No further comments on my behalf.

Seriously? This wasn't meant to be sarcastic in any way. Not really sure where this is coming from. BTW, just got a power supply on Craigslist that's same model, and my robot is working again. Appears I was right. Just trying to help others out.

Seriously? This wasn't meant to be sarcastic in any way. Not really sure where this is coming from. BTW, just got a power supply on Craigslist that's same model, and my robot is working again. Appears I was right. Just trying to help others out.

Oh, nice! If that's the case then the first replacement power supply was probably bad in some way as well, happens to new ones out of the box even. I'm not trying to prove any points or prop myself up here so no hard feelings, I just know I sell the more generic power supplies to customers all the time. They don't want to pay for a power supply with extra functions they never use anyway so I only carry the ones that are just on/off and I've never had an issue regardless of the unit. And the tester power supply I have in my shop is just an on/off as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.