closing-- Do I need a pillow?

Oct 2, 2007
DE
Hey I am getting ready to close. :(

I put a solid cover on. Do I really need one of those pillows? They seem to break each year and not do such a great job. Would I be better off to put my money into getting a good cover pump to keep the water from collecting on top?

Thanks
Suzanne

It's, of course, your choice :cool:

I like them because they force the water to the outer edge of the pool for easier pumping off and let you scoop the accumulated leaves & debris off the cover (YES! you are supposed to keep all but ~1" of water off the cover AND clean off the leaves, etc. :hammer: ) ... Just because the pool is closed doesn't mean that you don't have to do a little maintenance during the winter :!:

The pillows, which are ~ inexpensive, serve 2 functions : 1) they push the water and debris to the edge to make removal easier :cool: 2) they keep a good bit of stress off the top of the pool wall, which is worth the cost - even if you have to replace it every year :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.