Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much should a new liner "pull" away from square corners?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much should a new liner "pull" away from square corners?

Had our liner installed today in our IG 12' x 24' rectangle pool. I noticed in the corners (which are 90'), that the liner does not sit flush, but is pulled out a good few inches, more so near the top where it attaches on. Just wondering if this is normal for the liner to be pulled like this? It's kind of hard to explain, but it does feel a bit tight when I push it with my fingers.
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How much should a new liner "pull" away from square corners?

it's normal for it not to sit flush, but this is probably the most common point of failure area when it comes to UV damage or just basic age down the road. In other words when we install a liner we pull as much material into the corners as possible to keep them as loose as possible. post a picture and i'll give you an opinion.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

OK, thanks, I'll post some picts tomorrow (to dark now)....
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

4. Back To Top    #4

It's kinda hard to tell form the picture, but you can see the water line where it curves around the liner. If you could imagine a 1/3 slice of a football sliced end to end, this is about the size of the liner pulling away from the corner. The bottom part of the liner is on a step, about a foot below the water line

The installer has said after the water warms up, it should relax some and conform somewhat more to the corner.
    Attached Images Attached Images