Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bees wax to seal grout and waterline tile?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bees wax to seal grout and waterline tile?

So a year ago I had my waterline tile and grout sandblasted to remove calcium buildup from previous owners poor pool chemistry management. At the end of the job he applied bees wax which had softened sitting in the sun to the tile and grout as a sealer.

Worked great for a while but now the grout could use a little freshening up and I wonder what you guys would recommend sealer wise. Anything special? Should I do the beeswax again?

Thanks

Lee
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bees wax to seal grout and waterline tile?

Bump
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have no experience here, but would think that you would have to get all the beeswax residue off the grout before you used a different product to seal it.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

It depends on how much trouble you want to go through. As TMQ said, you're going to have to get all the beeswax off before you can use something else. If you don't want to go through that trouble, you might consider just using beeswax again.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the input.

Looks like it is going to be beeswax again. It only takes 5 minutes to do the whole pool so the easy factor wins out

Lee