If its not one thing its everything HELP

Miniman

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2016
HOUSTON/ TEXAS
Need some hard-core advice. Due to situations out of my control we had to move in December after building a deck and hard piping my Intex 16’ x 48 ultra frame. Due to insane weather & the move at hand the pool & sand filter I had did not make it. So, I had to go back to the drawing board. Now at new house New yard new pool. With the same amount of luck that killed the pool this time it was good, and I ended up with an 18’ x 52’’ ultra frame that came with 12’’ sand filter for under $150 and then due to shipping error they shipped me another entire pool & I had already been sent another 16’ sand filter with ne new SWG. So, all has anyone ever run dual sand filter pumps with an above ground pool??? This weekend I want to install the Hayward skimmer that it desperately needs so this would be decision making time. Any an all comment, suggestions, ideas & advice needed. Right now, the crazy in me is thinking about 2 of the 12’’ pumps but I vacillate to a 16’’ and 12 often. PLEASE HELP
Oh, and I have these crazy flying ants taking over pool and don’t know where they came from or what to do about them, but I will finally have the time to do something
AGAIN HELP

I can’t help with the flying ants, other than to ask if I can send mine to party with yours.

Why would you need two filters? Just a whole lot more places for potential leaks. I’d use the 16” one and keep the smaller for backup. Or sell.

I would just run the one big pump and filter. The second pump and filter will just use more electricity and not get you very much in return. I would either hold onto it as a spare or try to sell it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.