12,200 inground pool with spa - what robbut should I get?

May 22, 2018
Indio, CA
IMG_20180519_184514745.jpg

I have a pool. It's true. And it's gonna be the baddest most awesome pool ever seen! Right after I learn to clean it...

I have had the house for about two months, had a pro coming out to clean it til I had time to learn to do it on my own. I whined that robots were expensive but someone pointed out that in six months of service I can buy most robots... I paid for a service call by a local pool guy today and he taught me all about my pool. He used a basic suction vacuum, brushed the pool, checked the chemicals, we washed the filters together. He told me my motor is loud and it might last another year max. It isn't variable speed and our local power company offers rebates for those.. It also needs automation - right now the only way to control it is to walk through my kitchen and my living room (often while dripping wet) to modify from the panel. The remote was lost. I need fancy color lights and the baddest rubber ducky ever. BUT that's allllll for another thread. (I did buy a brush and testing kit today as recommended by TFP).

Right now, I need to figure out what robbut to get.

I'm fully aware the robot will have to be manually moved between spa and pool, or I'll have to manually clean the spa. (The pool store guy said I should get the cheap suction thing for this reason. Especially with several steps in my pool and a tan ledge. Maybe he was right?)

Ok, TFP minds. I've read everything on the internet about robots. I need the final step of selecting which one I want. Thoughts, suggestions? I was super overwhelmed starting the day but think I have most of it under control.

Love you all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.