Dirt and debris coming from robot when removing it from pool?

May 22, 2018
West Islip
I have had my Dolphin Nautilus for 2 seasons, this will be the 3rd and I have noticed each time I pool it from pool a ton of dirty water and debris come out of it. I haven't had this problem in the past. Even if the cartridges aren't that full or dirty this still happens.

My Hayward Tiger Shark has two flaps that close as soon as the unit is pulled out of the water. When I first started using it I noticed that the flaps where sort of hung up - probably from the unit sitting so long since the prior owner probably never used it - and stuff was going back into the water as I was lifting it. I installed two brand new flaps since the others looked pretty worn out and I have not had this problem since.

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-RCX75005-Replacement-Robotic-Cleaner/dp/B005IV6Z14

I'd check and see if your robot has a similar design. If so, my guess is that the flaps are not closing when they are supposed to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.